Pages

31.12.22

UPRISING

 

UPRISING

‘Let’s go outside, Mother.’

‘It’s not allowed, Yasuf.’

‘But I want to blow my whistle!’

She looked at her small son’s trembling lip. Could she bear another year of restrictions? What kind of life was it for her child?

Taking his hand, she walked into the empty street, and as Yasuf blew his whistle their neighbours joined them. A trickle, a stream, a flood.

Soldiers came but the crowd stayed. Guns fired but people overpowered them. They stormed the fortress by sheer numbers, locked the dictators in the blood-soaked dungeons.

There were some martyrs, but a new year had truly begun.

.......................................................

I am late on parade this week, but how to make Rochelle's image fit a New Year story was a challenge. I hope you think the result is worth the wait?

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read my writing this year. I wish you all a happy new year 2023, and may all your troubles be solvable.  

AND if any of you would buy my books - all available on Amazon - that would make my year too!

 


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed - if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

      Delete
  2. Made me think of the Bible verse: A little child shall lead them, Is. 11:6. Taken a bit out of context, but that's where my mind went :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a bit of help from a very brave mother!

      Delete
  3. I am with Neil, if only… compliments of the season to you. Mike H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time, Mike.

      Delete
  4. Dear Liz,

    It doesn't sound like a promising year for them. Happy New Year to you.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're on a winner myself!

      Delete
  5. Their new year started out with a bang. Wondering what the rest of the year will look like for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can only hope for the best.

      Delete
  6. An excellent story, Liz. Uplifting. Happy New Year, 2023. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A hopeful new beginning for them and I join the crowd: if only... Happy New Year, Liz

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!