Pages

4.5.23

THE PAINT JOB

 

THE PAINT JOB

Bonita hated the mural. As she told her daughter, ‘If the landlord has enough money to waste on such frivolities he should paint inside my apartment.’

‘The lease says that’s your responsibility,’ Juanita replied.

‘Where would a poor widow find the money for paint?’ Bonita retorted.

Victor kissed his grandmother. ‘I’ll get you the money, Abuela,’ he said, and ran down to join the tourists who were taking photos. ‘I’ll take your picture,’ he offered, ‘and for five euros I’ll photoshop you into the mural. For ten you can be waving from a window!’

......................................................................................................

I like a lad with entrpreneurial skills, don't you? Thanks to Dale for the photo prompt, and to Rochelle for hosting Friday Fictioneers on her blog  https://rochellewisoff.com/  Do visit her blog and follow the frog link to read other stories prompted by this week's image.


18 comments:

  1. I can understand Bonita's frustration. I definitely applaud her grandson for doing his part to help his abuelita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor is a good boy 😊

      Delete
  2. Might as well make the most of it. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he made enough to buy paint!

      Delete
  3. That seems a pretty good deal to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enterprising on many levels, Lizy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lad with imagination!

      Delete
  5. Lovely tale ❤️ (AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good grandson! (I'm not anonymous, really. I just can't figure out a way to get my wordpress site to link with yours, Alicia Jamtaas)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't comment on màny WordPress sites either, unless I open a WordPress account!

      Delete
  7. What a neat way to make some cash! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a clever lad, and quick thinking too!

      Delete
  8. She is very lucky to have such a grandson, and what great ideas he has!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does. My grandson helps me with computer problems.

      Delete
  9. Dear Liz,

    Obviously Victor is a resourceful grandson.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the kind of grandson to have! Hope you're enjoying Israel.

      Delete

Do leave a message before you go!