Pages

2.3.23

FROZEN

 

FROZEN

‘I don’t pay you to sit around playing computer games!’

‘You haven’t paid me at all this month.’

‘You’ll get your money. It’s just that things have been a bit tight recently.’

‘Let me guess – the Wilsons haven’t paid? They were expecting to inherit grandad’s fortune, but instead he spent it on being frozen.’

‘How many times must I tell you it’s cryogenic preservation, not freezing! But it’s not the Wilsons. Mr Hayward rang to say we can unplug his mother-in-law.’

‘I’ll do it now. My tea’s gone cold and I need to plug in the kettle.’

....................................................................................

Yes, I know they're washing machines, but you really don't want to hear about my twin-tub adventures, which was all I could think of otherwise!

Thanks to Miles Rost for the photo and to Rochelle for hosting us on her blog   https://rochellewisoff.com/

A reminder that my latest book ACCIDENTAL ADOPTION is now available from Amazon. My first review calls it 'a real page-turner' - why not buy it and see if you agree?   ACCIDENTAL ADOPTION: Amazon.co.uk: YOUNG, LIZ: 9798373281683: Books


27 comments:

  1. And the prize for most inventive use of the dryers goes to ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, don't know how you got that from the prompt. well done, Lizy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The machines could be anything, Mason!

      Delete
  3. Wouldn't trust them with my body after that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious Liz, thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could see them as cryopods. Great story. Reminds me of the place in Futurama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Futurama :)

      Delete
  6. This gave me a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn - that was my intention!

      Delete
  7. Ha this made me smile thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  8. Funny and very original. Great take.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me chuckle! Tea would indeed be more important than the Monster-in-law! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unplugging the mother-in-law. Now, there's a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Liz

    I love the juxtaposition of unplugging the mother in law to plugging in the tea. Nicely done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how your creativity spun this tale. Of course those are cryo chambers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can see them too!

      Delete
  14. Interesting story. To every question and answer, to every problem a solution.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!