Pages

3.11.22

CITROEN

 

CITROEN

“Those cursed thieves have done it again!” Georges threw his now useless car keys on the table. “I’ll have to get a cab.”

“You can borrow mine, if you like,” Francine offered.

“I’m not driving that green monstrosity.”

“Suit yourself. Shall I give you a lift?”

“Suppose you’ll have to – I’ll never get a cab at this hour.”

“I’ll get my keys.”

“Drop me a block from the office – I’ll walk from there.”

Francine put her hands on her hips and glared. “You’ll walk from here. It will give you time to consider the wisdom of buying flashy cars.”

.................................................................................................

There's a lot to be said for not owning anything too flashy. I've never had a car that was likely to be on a thief's wish list.

Thanks to Brenda Cox for the photo prompt, and to Rochelle for her continued hosting of Friday Fictioneers.

 


19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He should have known better!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Francine, how dare he insult my favourite car of all time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you actually own one? Lucky chap!

      Delete
  3. Dear Liz,

    Guess that will teach him a lesson or two about cars and diplomacy.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think he'll learn?

      Delete
  4. Vanity is one of the 7 deadly sins. Good example of how it can pinch one's life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vànity and self importance - not a good combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So he should, but I doubt he sees it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wisdom indeed! My husband bought a couple of flashy mountain bikes when we lived in Asia. They were all stolen until he bought a second-hand one (haha). Creative story, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flashy is an open invitation to steal!

      Delete
  8. The reality of truth. Makes the idiom about beggars and choosers ring loud. But, to be honest, I have driven a few cars that I knew would never be stolen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A car snob! He seems to be in line for long walks now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would serve him right.

      Delete
  10. Starsinclayjars07/11/2022, 21:26

    Too right! Well done 👏

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!