Pages

5.12.18

ADVENT CALENDAR - DAY FIVE

Today's challenge is to write a piece of dialogue in 5-12 time - ie: five words to one speech, twelve to the next, with no speech tags. Hope you like it.

DUMPED

“What’s up? You look stressed.”
“Where do I start? Have you got any wine in the fridge?”
“Only Prosecco. Will that do?”
“Perfect. Simon’s dumped me for that tarty girl from the coffee shop.”
“We knew she spelled trouble.”
“She was after him from Day One – he didn’t stand a chance.”
“You’re not sorry for him?”
“Nah! I’ve got my eye on that gym instructor. This Prosecco’s good.”

“I’ll open another bottle. Cheers!”


2 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Dang it... I subscribed to your blog yet I get no notifications...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how notifications work - is there a box to tick?

      Delete

Do leave a message before you go!