Pages

22.12.22

REFLECTIONS

 Thanks to Dale Rogerson for the photo prompt this week, and to Rochelle   https://rochellewisoff.com/ for hosting Friday Fictioneers. Happy Hannuka, Rochelle & Dale! 

I hope you'll forgive me for exceeding the 100 word limit - I cut at much as I could :)

REFLECTIONS

I remember childhood Christmases, opening my stocking in the dark and nibbling the nose from the sugar mouse.

Our first Christmas in our new house, decorating a small tree for our two-month-old baby.

Twelve years later, four children and I created crib figures, which I use every year.

When the children had moved away, we hosted full English breakfasts for groups of friends - eventually the numbers grew to over thirty!

We even took the tradition to Tenerife, with breakfast on the terrace in the sun.

Now back in England, I enjoy again a proper Carol Service followed by mulled wine and mince pies, then turkey and presents with my family.

I wish you all a Happy Christmas, and may your memories be happy ones.



The Crib figures
Breakfast on the terrace Christmas 2000



'Glow Wild' at Wakehurst Gardens, December 2020 
RIP Don
...........................................................................
I have blogged every day this week in the run up to Christmas. If you have time, scroll down to read all of them.



15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are - hope yours are as good.

      Delete
  2. Lovely memories. Hope you continue to make new ones just as special.
    AnnW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful memories and I admire the crib figures, they look great. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reflections on a life well-lived :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful memories and happy photos, Liz. Thanks for sharing them with us. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.

    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a sweet walk down your memory lane! Thanks. Now I’m headed to your blog posts below! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful images of wonderful memories. A full life with warmth. Happy Holidays to You and Yours, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Liz,
    I didn't even notice a word excess. Thank you for sharing your delightful memories with us.

    Shalom and a happy new year,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you share something like this, who is counting? Glad you had a lovely Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!