Pages

28.10.21

ROCKET MAN

 ROCKET MAN

It felt like I’d been running for hours, though it was only ten minutes. Long enough for me to be completely spent, but I had an ace up my sleeve.

I moved slightly to the left – he did the same.

I slid to the right – he mirrored my movement, a derisory smirk on his face, but now I knew I had the upper hand.

Step by step, inch by inch, I manoeuvred him into position, and as he raised his gun to fire I hit the red button.

A thousand tons of rocket hit him – they never did find all the pieces. 

.......................................................................................................

Yes, I know it's really a telescope but hey! this is imaginary, right? I would never actually press that button, honest, officer! Anyhow, if you like my murderous story, do please leave a comment. And also consider buying one of my novels - the link to CAROUSEL, my latest book, is at the top of this page, disguised as a book cover.

Thanks to Douglas MacIlroy for the photograph, and congratulations to Rochelle Wisoff-Fields for holding the fort as manager of Friday Fictioneers for nine whole years!


20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's me - tough through and through!

      Delete
  2. Now that's what I call overkill

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, action-rich take on the prompt. I especially like the mirroring parts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know. I say, go for it. Wipe the sucker out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at least there's not much clean-up. They won't need a body bag--just a small Ziplock :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of 'The Rock' with Nicolas Cage. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great action story. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can make it anything you like... It's called free writing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of others have seen a rocket or spaceship too!

      Delete
  9. Dear Liz,

    It's all about what you see, isn't it? Nicely done.

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. He was messng with wrong person, that's for sure! Nice one Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tricky! I'm glad your strategy took out the threat.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!