Pages

31.12.13

INCENTIVES



I was talking to my ten-year-old grandson yesterday and asked him how he was getting on with the book he had told me about a fortnight earlier.
"I'm halfway through it," he said.
"That's a bit slow," I said, "Aren't you enjoying it?"
"Oh yes, it's good, but I've got five books on the go at the moment."

FIVE? One of my ambitions has always been to have my children and grandchildren read my books - if he reads that voraciously I had better write a lot faster!

His seven-year-old brother sent me an email the same day to say that he liked the dragon story I had sent him and could he have more.
A good review is wonderful wherever it comes from!

 I am writing Remus and Greg in serial form, and if you would like to read it, go to my short story page.

Oh yes - and a Happy New Year to all my family, friends and followers.

 

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Lizy. I've always wanted kids who enjoy reading... I think I'm going to have to borrow some from time to time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my grandson looked at the Skype screen and said that I think I gasped, "Five?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that they read so voraciously, Liz - and that they enjoy your stories. They're the critics who matter, and they're giving you a big thumbs-up. Happy New Year to you, and may this be the year for your overnight writing success! (For all the world as though we dash these things off between dinner and breakfast!) Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An overnight success would be great - I think! Could I take the strain of all the publicity, interviews, wealth . .? Actually to hold my books in my hand would be a start. Happy New Year to you two too.

      Delete

Do leave a message before you go!