Pages

17.10.19

THE BIG MATCH - a 100 word story


THE BIG MATCH
“Tell me again how we got into this?” Michael said.
“You know the Boss can never resist a challenge.”
“But for Heaven’s sake – seven-a-side football?”
“We’ll beat them,” Gabe said confidently and led his team onto the field.
With such high stakes it was a hard-fought game but, despite the other team’s dirty tricks, Peter refereed impartially, and the scores were even until the final minute.
Then Uriel fired a shot that flew into the corner of the opposition’s net, the whistle blew, and the crowd went wild, throwing their haloes in the air – the Archangels had triumphed again.
........................................................................................................
Just a bit of fun this week - light relief from the final chapter of a rewrite of Rock Fall, Book 3 in my Living Rock series. Now would be a good time to read the first two books, A Volcanic Race and Wolf Pack, both of which are available on Amazon.

Thands to Rochelle for the above photo and for hosting Friday Fictioneers. You can read what other writers have been inspired to write by following the Blue Frog trail from her blog at  https://rochellewisoff.com/

26 comments:

  1. I didn't see this end coming, Liz. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavenly sports. I hope they're optional. Great fun, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that, a proper way to sort out an argument :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as the crowd is well-behaved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so clever! Good for Archie Gabe and his team.

    Here's my story!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice theme for the prompt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so much fun, Liz! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Liz,

    Michael, Gabe and halos. Gotta love it. Whimsical piece.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! Though with "high stakes", I hope they weren't playing Hell for control of Earth up for grabs... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Just possession of a few souls 😀

      Delete
  10. This reminds me of those angels in the series about his dark material...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a while since I read those books, thanks for reminding me.

      Delete
  11. Yay, Angels! Peter as the referee made me smile. This was a fun piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That gave me a huge smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that last bit best. Entertaining read.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!