Pages

12.6.12

WRITING AND A BUS

A few days off writing, organizing my desk and filling the recycling bin with paper, has resulted in a refreshed mind. I have completed a 1700 word story for a competition and will send it off once I have run it past my daughter's eagle eyes, and I have the germ of an idea for another competition entry.
The OH goes away on Thursday, after which I plan to tackle the much tougher task of re-writing a novel to re-submit to an agent who showed an interest. Unfortunately the temperature has gone up and my fingers are too sticky to be comfortable for long on the keyboard. Out comes the fan!
ON THE BUSES!
Driving into Guaza the other day I was held up by a green Titsa bus. No problem - I wasn't in a hurry - I assumed there was a van parked in the bis stop, as often happens. When the bus began moving I thought, "Here we go", but it wasn't going far.
Recently the Cabildo have been re-doing the road through Guaza. It has taken them more than a year, and goodness knows how many businesses closed due to the fact that customers literally had to jump ditches to reach them, but finally it was finished.
Except that they had forgotten one pipe, so this day the road was dug up again, and the Guardia had only just arrived to direct traffic. A bendy-bus, me and half-a-dozen other cars, a very narrow road and a junction with a mini-roundabout.
   Give the bus driver his due - when the police had moved a few cars from the road on our right, he backed his articulated bus down there and managed to execute a brilliant 40-point turn. He didn't even run over the roundabout.

CACTUS
Those of you who followed the growth of my cactus flower will be pleased to learn that, far from being slung in the bin by the gardeners, the cactus has been relocated and given its own water supply. Alfredo even took some cuttings from my huge lemon geranium to surround it. So we may even yet see the other flowers emerge from their hard black buds.

6 comments:

  1. I want some of your sun! I had to get my gloves out today I was so cold. Gloves in June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, I took a few days off as well; refreshing isn't it? I didn't do a lot of anything but it felt good to 'want' to and crave writing. I love the heat....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the story competition! Maybe cleaning my desk will similarly motivate me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the competition. I will need your autograph when you become famous. Booker Prize???

    Guaza I know well. What a traffic place it's been over the years.

    A blog linking buses & writing is an interesting pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck! Bus rides put us all in touch with reality and humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A 40-point turn? I can do that...

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!