Pages

24.6.12

TENERIFE WEEKEND

This might not be the way an average tourist spends a weekend in Tenerife, but I take my visitors to different places. My younger daughter and her husband are staying for nine days, so we started off at the Hermitage of Hermano Pedro which, despite being situated in a ravine at the end of the airport runway, is a wonderfully peaceful spot - except when a plane takes off.


Then we moved on to El Medano  where, having moved a couple of wheelie bins to secure a parking space (naughty!) we walked along the seafront for a coffee and exfoliation - being sand-blasted by the constant wind is part of the fun as you watch the wind-surfers and kite-flyers and intrepid swimmers braving the crashing waves.


 


Then it was supper at home with my other daughter - a real treat to see the girls doing their giggly sister routine!









Sunday morning we were in full tourist mode at Los Cristianos market, haggled for a leather belt, and then had a coffee and a toasted sandwich under the shade of the palm trees.








And finally - this afternoon I made an Apricot Upside-down Cake with Caramel Topping as my contribution to this evening's barbecue on my elder daughter's roof terrace.
If you want the recipe it's on my new Cooking and Recipes page. 
And this is the only writing I have done all day!

7 comments:

  1. Yum!!!
    Passing my plate down.....
    :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks really good. I imagine it would accept mangoes as a substitute, too. Will check out your recipe page. thanks.

    Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice and warm there :) even with the sun it is still freezing here in england.

    http://saundersphotographyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time! And that's a beautiful cake. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great when you know all the places that tourists wouldn't normally find.

    Your cake looks delicious, save me a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy day. I know the airport shrine well.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!