Pages

25.8.21

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

 

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

 The architects had tiled the roof with solar panels, the car park had wind turbines instead of trees, and the walls were fully insulated. Theo entered the building on his first day, relieved to be leaving the icy weather outside, but inside wasn’t much warmer.

The receptionist greeted him. “Go straight up – floor four.”

As he exited the lift someone grabbed his arm. “Thank goodness you’re here!”

Theo hadn’t expected such a welcome – then he saw the contraption. They thrust him onto the saddle, put his feet on the pedals. “There’s no sun or wind today, so you’re the dynamo.”

..........................................................................................

A bit of silliness for a change! This has been a busy week and looks like continuing that way, so I've posted my story pretty much as it came out - hope it amuses you!

Thanks to Rochelle for hosting us and to Brenda Cox for the photo.

In case you missed it, my latest book CAROUSEL is now on Amazon - you can find it by clicking on the cover on this page.


 


18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, I was smiling as I wrote it!

      Delete
  2. Well, at least it's carbon neutral

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's brilliant Liz, thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heheh, that was fun. Just wait until hamster wheels generate power. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's possible, if you could get it past animal welfare¡

      Delete
  5. Pedal faster, Theo, we're hoping for a fry-up for breakfast :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theo will need one after all that exercise!

      Delete
  6. Dear Liz,

    I'm sure that wasn't the job Theo was expecting. Faster, Theo! Faster!

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it wasn't in the job description!

      Delete
  7. Very fuuny, Liz. A bit mean to spring it on him like that but then again who's going to volunteer for that job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wouldn't, but I know a chap of 85 who still cycles for fun!

      Delete

Do leave a message before you go!