Pages

6.3.19

BIKER CAT - one hundred words for Friday Fictioneers


BIKER CAT

Fernando always parked his bike beside his house, out of sight of potential thieves. The engine-warmed seat was Morena’s favourite place, but she usually jumped off when Fernando rattled his keys.

Not that day. She refused to budge, even digging her claws into the leather when he tried to push her off. He laughed indulgently. “All right, five more minutes while I fetch my football kit.”

He returned with his kit bag just in time to see emergency vehicles race past towards the motorway. If he’d left two minutes earlier he’d have been in that pile-up.
.................................................................................
I'm a firm believer in animal's ESP instincts - are you?
Either way, I hope you enjoy my story - please leave a comment if you can before you go to read other stories via https://rochellewisoff.com/  Thanks to CEAyr for the photograph - which reminded me of Tenerife where I lived for 15 years. I am due to return there this month for a short visit to catch up with old friends - and to celebrate a birthday. I am much too old to have them but hey! who cares?

43 comments:

  1. Yes, animals have a special sense that cannot be explained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's ESP but some animals do seem able to sense things we're unaware of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing would surprise me about cats. Good one, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer them as pets - I like their snooty independence.

      Delete
  4. Saved by the cat - that's a pet to take good care of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Fernando would agree with you.

      Delete
  5. They say black cats are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In England they do, but in Tenerife they were considered unlucky. The cat rescue people were overrun with black ones. Odd, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. Yes! Animals certainly do have some kind of intuition... Although my own dog doesn't seem to be so in tune with his. Oh well, I'll have to watch out for myself.

    Very cute story!

    -Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, perhaps you're not in danger so your dog's instincts haven't kicked in?

      Delete
  7. Many animals have receptors for things we don't have, like the magnetic field, changes in air pressure, minute seismic activities, chemicals, light changes, gravity... and there is still so much we don't know and maybe never will. Whatever it is that warns animals, it doesn't really matter as long as we don't dismiss it and call it nonsense. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh! You wrote more than I did! Thanks.

      Delete
  8. Saved from a cat-astrophic event!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Liz,

    There's a black cat with a sixth sense. Well done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. That must be how cat's have nine lives... lol

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just gave me the goosebumps! And not just because I keep this house too cold (according to my boys)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that your just-sold house or your new one? Tell your boys to wear another sweater and move around - I'm sure there are chores they could do!

      Delete
    2. Yep. My just-sold house. And the next one will be kept the same way! LOL! Keeps the germs away and frankly, the costs down.

      Delete
  12. Intuitive cat. Lucky owner. Nice write.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your take on the photo prompt, Liz.

    ReplyDelete

  14. A psychic cat? Why not? I am absolutely convinced that animals sense things way before we do. Great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They can sense something. The day my mother passed away in her home overseas, my dog went into her room where she lived when she was with us. He went into a corner and didn't move out for a very long time. I don't know what it was, psychic animal sense or just normal behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lovely example of animal empathy.

      Delete
  16. i agree with most commenters. cats do have sixth sense.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He's one lucky man! I'm not sure about ESP, but they certainly can see and hear things better than we can, so maybe the cat was frightened by the distant noises he couldn't yet hear. Great little story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all believe different things. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  18. Oh... what a great cat.... he knew what was about to happen

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!