Pages

25.3.16

THEIR OWN HOME - flash fiction on Good Friday

To wish you all a Happy Easter, here is a happy story prompted by Ted Strutz's photograph posted on  https://rochellewisofffields.wordpress.com/
To read stories by other members of Friday Fictioneers from around the world, follow the Blue Frog trail from Rochelle's blog.


THEIR OWN HOME

“It feels like we’ll never be finished.” Julie straightened up from chasing in an electric cable and gestured at the tasks still remaining. Mark murmured sympathy, but they both knew DIY was the only way they could afford their own home.

Living with parents, working all day, then spending evenings and weekends on the house left no time or energy for romance, but Julie was bitterly disappointed when Mark forgot their anniversary.

Until she opened their new front door to the sight of a candlelit picnic table and a mass of flowers arranged with Mark’s unique sense of humour.

26 comments:

  1. Dear Liz,

    I like Mark's flair for romance. Happy birthday and happy Easter.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this story, Lizy - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did promise you a happier one, Susan!

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh... now that is sweet indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easter treats are usually sweet :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter! Thanks for sharing this adorable romantic story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a guy! how romantic. what's for desert? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look on my facebook page for today, plandel - sticky chocolate cake!

      Delete
  6. Sweet! Your story reminds me of my husband. He's just this kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a lucky woman, Alicia - when was the last time he put flowers in your toilet?

      Delete
  7. Happy Easter! A tender and romantic one from you this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaks Sandra - I can be romantic if I put my mind to it!

      Delete
    2. Thaks Sandra - I can be romantic if I put my mind to it!

      Delete
  8. That's sweet and funny, romance at its best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...that's loverly <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is a brave man this young Mark, sometimes even the best ideas get flushed down. I am glad his idea worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that brave, Subroto - that toilet isn't plumbed in yet!

      Delete
  11. Loved your take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet story, Liz. I hope you and yours had a Happy Easter. Well done. :) --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne - I'm not often sweet! We had a lovely Easter, thank you.

      Delete

Do leave a message before you go!