Pages

26.8.20

FELIPE'S TROUPE


 

FELIPE’S TROUPE


Total darkness in the Big Top – the audience holds its breath, hearts throbbing in time to a syncopated drum-beat.

 A single spotlight ignites a man dancing in a kaleidoscope of red and gold, a second figure leaps into weightless flight onto his shoulders, then a third flies through the air to land like a feather on the flaming tower. The semblance to fire is so vivid the Big Top appears to burn.

 Then the topmost figure somersaults once, twice and off, the stack tumbles and disintegrates gracefully, all three figures bow and the clowns come in.

...................................................................................................

I hope you can see these acrobats as clearly as I can see them? Thanks to J Hardy Carrroll for the image and to Rochelle for hosting Friday Fictioneers on her blog.  https://rochellewisoff.com/

I am excited this week to announce that the fourth and last book in my LIVING ROCK series is now available on Amazon. ROCK FESTIVAL, in paperback or ebook format. Follow the link to get your copy.

ROCK FESTIVAL: a LIVING ROCK BOOK: Amazon.co.uk: YOUNG, LIZ: 9798677548314: Books


30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Neil - though I can't take credit for the image!

      Delete
  2. Dear Liz,

    So vividly written I felt like I was there. Congrats on book 4.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt I was there too, so glad it worked for you!

      Delete
  3. It took me a while to make out what they were, and quite a few have gone with the fire effect. Nice one Liz, and good luck with the latest book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iain - to start with I thought it was a photo from California!

      Delete
  4. "Send in the clowns!" Nice description. Love the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the description. Almost took me there.
    -Justjoyfulness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've captured the prompt very well. Enjoyed it, and yes - I could imagine them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vividly created. What an act!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be great to see it in real life!

      Delete
  8. you made me feel like i was there watching the performance. you're writing skills shone through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic atmosphere!
    Congratulations on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, not clowns...
    Nicely descriptive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I know - I don't like clowns either!

      Delete
  11. Lovely description, very evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vivid writing. Nicely done.
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see them perfectly! Good descriptions. And I'm eagerly looking forward to your final book in the series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooh! Are you one if my select band of readers? Please spread the word that I'm worth reading 😁😊

      Delete

Do leave a message before you go!