Pages

29.8.19

MICHAEL'S GRANDSON


MICHAEL’S GRANDSON
Michael was a familiar figure around town, racing along pavements at 8mph on his mobility scooter, stopping in the pub for a pint or two. So when he broke down outside Boots there were many willing hands to push him home.
“This machine weighs a ton,” one friend said, “Forget to charge it up?”
“My grandson’s fault,” Michael said, “Plugged his extension lead into my socket without asking – they’d cut his power off for growing pot in his loft.”
“You should make him pay for the electric.”
“Nah – I owe him for a month’s supply as it is.”

...................................................

A combination of photos prompted my story this week - one from Rochelle's blog  and one which I took on Monday while shopping for a lawn edging tool with Mum.
Thanks to Linda Kreger for the first one and to Rochelle for hosting Friday Fictioneers - Follow the Frog from her blog to read other stories and/or to join in!  https://rochellewisoff.com/ 

31 comments:

  1. He knows which side his bread is butterd on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does, a regular supply of pain killers is worth hanging onto!

      Delete
  2. Michael sounds like a character! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last line made me laugh out loud, it was so unexpected!

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have any of you tried Marijuana or CBD oil for pain? Just curious :)

    Beautiful last line. Great story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried CBD oil for arthritis, but no noticeable effect, and it's expensive so I quit using it.

      Delete
  5. like they say, scratch my back, i'll scratch yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. One of those 'came to me in a flash' moments!

      Delete
  7. Great little tale Liz! Thanks for the grin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so square that I had to read it twice before I got it. That was a clever story from the photo prompt. I am impressed. You are a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mike. Perhaps you are innocent rather than square?

      Delete
  9. It's all about give and take! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha... Of course the pot comes at a price

    ReplyDelete
  11. Times sure have changed, and not necessarily for the better... Good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pot smokers of the hippie era are grandparents now!!

      Delete
  12. Love it when a community comes together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha...very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so nice to see grandparents and grandchildren work together. Great characterization, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A funny story, Liz. I like the dialogue. :D --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Do leave a message before you go!