Pages

16.12.18

ADVENT CALENDAR - DAY SIXTEEN

'Write a story totally in negatives', we were told, so here is mine, written in a rush after a day with family. Can someone please tell me why I accepted this challenge with Christmas looming? :(


NEVER AGAIN

Never did I imagine our drive into the French countryside would end in disaster. We planned nothing more than to eat moules in a tree-shaded cafė, stock up with goodies and head home.

There was no daylight left as we zigzagged through burning tyres, dodging masked men brandishing weapons.
“They don’t stop cars - only lorries,” Dave said, just before a torch blinded him and the door was wrenched open.
Not a gendarme was in sight as our wine hit the road and two men squeezed into the boot.
“We are not afraid to use these guns,” they said, “Drive.”

If we don’t end up in prison I’m burning our passports.
***

2 comments:

  1. Lizy, you love a challenge. That's why you accepted it. Another good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen - I must be slightly potty, I think!

      Delete

Do leave a message before you go!