Pages

7.12.18

ADVENT CALENDAR - DAY SEVEN

Today's challenge from National Flash Fiction is to write a complete story in 50 words or less. It's not easy to get a beginning, middle and end into so few words, but I've done it. Do please leave a comment to let me know I'm not talking to myself!


MAGIC

At the sound of raised voices Tree Fairy sighed. “They’re fighting again.”
“They’ve forgotten the Christmas light,” said Tin Soldier. “Keep watch while I fix it.”
When he lit the candle, spicy scent filled the room and the angry voices stilled.
Tree Fairy blew Tin Soldier a kiss and he blushed.

4 comments:

  1. I love everything about this bit: the blush, the magic happening while we aren't looking, the effect that it has on the mirth-meter.

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks magaly, and i love Mirth-meter!

      Delete

Do leave a message before you go!